PhD José María Senciales González
Professor of Geography (area of Physical Geography)
Graduate in Geography and History (1988) and winner of the Extraordinary Prize for Graduation 1989-90. He was a Professional Geographer (1988-1996). He obtained his PhD in 1995. He has been a lecturer (Univ. of Malaga) since 2-1996, and a Professor of Geography (area of Physical Geography) since 1-2003.
To date (18-08-2022) he has published 120 scientific papers (Google Scholar, H-index: 16; i10-Index: 26; Researchgate index: 24.27), and collaborated on 31 research projects, one of which he coordinated ("Estudio Geográfico-Social de la situación de los colonos de Larios en la comarca de la Axarquía", 1997).
He researches in Hydrogeography, Climate and Soil Sciences, as well as analysis in Impact and Risks.
He has collaborated in research projects on Natural Resources, Geomorphic Units, Hydrogeography (floods) and Climatology with different Spanish (Seville, Valencia, Alicant, Murcia) and foreign (Coleraine, Aberdeen, Trier, Beijing, Guilin) universities, besides archaeologists from Barcelona and Malaga.
- Member of the Local Organizing Committee of the XVI Congress of Spanish Geographers (1999)
- Member of the Organising Committee of the VII Biogeography Conference (Almería) (V-VI/1998)
- Member of the Editorial Board of Baetica Journal. Art, History and Geography Studies, UMA, from 2006 to 2012.
- Member of the Network of Experts in Cultural and Natural Heritage (Campus of International Excellence). Appointed by Resolution of 19/III/2010. (CEB09-0032)
- Collaboration with research group HAR2010-21932-C02-01 C02 Acclimatization and dissemination of plants in al-Andalus.
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the International Congress of Didactics of Geography (Málaga, 25-26/XI/2011)
- External evaluator of the Central European Journal of Engineering (from VI/2012)
- Member of the External Advisory Council of the Postgraduate Program of the Department of Geography and Tourism of the Univ. Nacional del Sur. Buenos Aires, Argentina (resolution of 10/5/2017)
- Reviewer of Quaternary and Geomorphology (since VI/2008), Didactics of Geography of the AGE (since XI/2013), International Journal of Climatology (since XI/2016), Catena (since IV/2018), Geofocus (since II/2019) and Bulletin of the Association of Spanish Geographers (BAGE) (since IV/2019).
- Guest Editor of the Special Issue ;The effect of Hydrology on Soil Erosion" of the journal Water (II/2020)
- Guest Editor of the Special Issue "River Evolution Research" of Water (10-3-2020).
- Reviewer of Scientific Reports (Nature) from 11/2020.